About the job
Meals on Wheels Central Coast provides clients with a home delivered meal service, centre based meals, and food related social support programs. Meals are distributed from Tuggerah, Budgewoi, Green Point and Woy Woy.
We are currently seeking a new Client Service Officer to work in our Woy Woy outlet for 30 hours a week (Mon-Fri).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contact clients initially over the phone to discuss meal service and individual needs.
- Go into the community and meet the client, complete an induction (this includes taking an initial meal delivery out to the client with service information, and complete the Client Home Safety Visit Checklist for the WHS of volunteers).
- Ensure all client information on the Client Management System is kept up to date including Emergency Contacts, client notes, and all other important information.
- Respond sensitively and appropriately to the clients, carer’s and families individual circumstances.
- Receive and place all meal orders for the Woy Woy service area, reschedule orders if required.
- Organise meal delivery eskies and run folders daily for volunteers.
- Must apply a range of skills that vary from basic to specialist and which may be applied to a variety of situations from routine to very complex.
- Must have the ability to problem solve issues around meal delivery.
- Be self-motivated, capable of working without direct supervision, and exhibit a degree of innovation in the performance of duties.
- A high level of interpersonal skills and sensitivity when addressing complex situations that fall within the area of human emotions and that may involve loss of independence, pride and status.
- The ability to connect with older people and those with a disability
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Leesa O’Keefe at firstname.lastname@example.org